Cyber Deception Technology Pioneer Illusive Networks announces Microsoft Ventures Investment on Heels of Accelerated Global Growth
NEW YORK, NY and TEL AVIV, Israel, January 24, 2017 – illusive networks, leader in Deceptions Everywhere® cybersecurity, today announced a strategic investment by Microsoft Ventures. The new funding will be used to advance global expansion, invest in sales and marketing, and expand the engineering and support teams for the company’s patent-pending cybersecurity deception technology.
Microsoft Ventures joins current investors New Enterprise Associates (NEA), one of the world’s largest and most active venture capital firms, Bessemer Venture Partners, Marker LLC, Citi Ventures, Cisco Investments, and Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors. The earlier Series A and B investments total over $30M.
“Microsoft Ventures’ investment opens a new world of opportunities for illusive networks to explore future deceptions in the world of endpoints and cloud and expand the reach of our deception technologies to users around the world,” said Ofer Israeli, CEO, illusive networks.
“illusive networks has the expertise to continue to evolve next-generation deception cybersecurity technology and protect enterprises against increasingly sophisticated advanced attacks,” said Mony Hassid, general manager and managing director, Microsoft Ventures. “We’re pleased to support illusive networks as they work to make their deception technology the market standard.”
illusive networks is deployed across dozens of leading financial institutions, insurance, retailers, law firms, healthcare providers, energy and telecommunication companies in the United States, EMEA and APAC. illusive networks’ Deceptions Everywhere solutions, delivered via agentless patent pending technology, blanket a company’s entire network — every endpoint, server and network component — with information that deceives would-be attackers. When attackers act upon the false information, illusive networks neutralizes the attack and triggers a detailed breach report enabling security administrators to detect, track and contain the attack in its early stages.
The latest infusion of capital comes on the heels of accelerated customer demand, global growth and widespread industry recognition, including:
– “Industry innovator in Next-Generation Security Monitoring and Analytics” SC Magazine
– “12 Companies to Watch” by Worth magazine
– Cybersecurity Excellence Award for “Best Startup” (under 100 employees)
– “25 Coolest Network Security Vendors” by CRN
– Best Endpoint Detection and Response Solution winner by Government Security News (GSN)
– MIT Sloan CIO Symposium’s Innovation Showcase finalist
– RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox 2016 finalist
– “20 Most Promising Cyber Security Solution Providers” by CIOReview
– “ASTORS Homeland Security Platinum Award” by American Security Today.